AMD ha rilasciato un piccolo aggiornamento per il suo software Radeon Crimson Edition. La nuova versione 16.7.2 Beta aggiunge alcuni miglioramenti prestazionali, un migliore supporto alle nuove API Vulkan per DOOM (2016), ed una migliore distribuzione della potenza di carico per la nuova Radeon RX 480, per risolvere il problema riscontrato in merito al consumo oltre specifica sulla linea PCIe 16x.
Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.7.2 Highlights
- The “compatibility mode” UI toggle was designed to reduce total power with minimal performance impact on AMD Radeon™ RX480 reference boards and has been made available to users in the Global Settings menu of Radeon Settings (first introduced in the previous Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.7.1 driver). This toggle is in “off” by default.
- Support for DOOM (with Vulkan API) – enables performance enhancements through support for Async Compute and Shader Intrinsics.
- In the previous Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.7.1 driver the “Restore Factory Defaults” option under Preferences of Radeon Settings Software would not set the “Compatibility Mode” UI toggle to its default “OFF” value. This is fixed in the Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.7.2 driver. The “Restore Factory Defaults” options resets all Radeon Settings to their factory default values.
- A few game titles may fail to launch or crash if the AMD Gaming Evolved overlay is enabled. A temporary workaround is to disable the AMD Gaming Evolved “In Game Overlay”.
- Radeon™ Pro Duo may experience a black screen in Total War™: Warhammer with the games API set to DirectX®12 and V-Sync enabled.
- DiRT™ Rally may experience flickering terrain in some races when the advanced blending option is enabled in the games settings page.
- Some Overdrive settings may not appear in Radeon Settings for Radeon™ Fury X when in AMD Crossfire mode.
- Dota™2 may crash when using the Vulkan™ API and the user changes resolutions or quality settings.
- Battlefield™ 4 may experience crashes when using Mantle. As a work around users are suggested to switch to DirectX®11.
- Need for Speed™ may experience flickering on some light sources in AMD Crossfire mode.
- Frame Rate Target Control gaming profiles may fail to enable for some games.
- Radeon Wattman may retain settings of an overclock after it has failed. If you have failed an overclock with a system hang or reboot make sure to use the “Reset” option in the Radeon WattMan settings page when the system has rebooted.
- Low frame rate or stutter may be experienced Wolfenstein®: The Old Blood™ on Radeon™ RX 480.
- Assassin’s Creed® Syndicate may experience a game crash or hang when in game settings are set to high or greater.
- Disabling AMD Crossfire mode on Radeon™ RX 480 may disable the device in Windows® Device Manager. A workaround is to reboot the system to re-enable the device.
The Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.7.2 installation package contains the following:
- Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.7.2 Driver Version 16.20.1035.1001.
AMD desktop product family compatibility
- Radeon RX 400 series
- Radeon R9 Fury series
- Radeon R9 Nano series
- Radeon R9 300 series
- Radeon R9 200 series
- Radeon R7 300 series
- Radeon R7 200 series
- Radeon HD 8900 e HD 8700 Series
- Radeon HD 7900 e HD 7700 Series
AMD Mobility Product Family Compatibility
- Radeon R9 M300 series
- Radeon R7 M200 series
- Radeon R7 M300 series
- Radeon R5 M200 series
- Radeon R5 M300 series
- Radeon HD 8900M – HD 8500M Series
- Radeon R9 M200 Series
- Radeon HD 7900M – HD 7700M Series
AMD APU Product Family Compatibility
- APU Kaveri
- APU Godavari
- APU Carrizo
E’ possibile effettuare il download dei nuovi Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.7.2 al seguente link.