AMD rilascia i nuovi driver Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.3
AMD rilascia la nuova suite software Radeon Software Crimon 16.3 per le sue GPU Radeon e per le soluzioni APU (Accelerated processing unit). Questi nuovi driver, stando alle dichiarazioni fornite da AMD, apportano un buon incremento prestazionale in: Rise of the Tomb Raider, sino al 16% sulla serie Radeon R9 Fury X (rispetto ai driver 16.2); mentre per quanto riguarda Gears of War Ultimate Edition si ha un incremento del 60% sulle Radeon R9 Fury X e del 44% sulle R9 380 series (rispetto alla versione 16.2.1). Inoltre sono stati aggiunti i profili CrossFire per i giochi Hitman e The Park.
L’azienda di Sunnyvale con i nuovi Radeon Software Crimson 16.3 introduce importanti novità, come il supporto ufficiale alle nuove API Vulkan, e la tecnologia XConnect che permette la connessione con le schede video esterne, tramite apposito supporto, non solo attraverso la porta Thunderbolt 3 ma anche tramite la più accessibile porta USB 3.1.
AMD desktop product family compatibility
- Radeon R9 Fury series
- Radeon R9 Nano series
- Radeon R9 300 series
- Radeon R9 200 series
- Radeon R7 300 series
- Radeon R7 200 series
- Radeon HD 8900 e HD 8700 Series
- Radeon HD 7900 e HD 7700 Series
AMD Mobility Product Family Compatibility
- Radeon R9 M300 series
- Radeon R7 M200 series
- Radeon R7 M300 series
- Radeon R5 M200 series
- Radeon R5 M300 series
- Radeon HD 8900M – HD 8500M Series
- Radeon R9 M200 Series
- Radeon HD 7900M – HD 7700M Series
AMD APU Product Family Compatibility
- APU Kaveri
- APU Godavari
- APU Carrizo
E’ possibile effettuare il download dei nuovi Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.3 al seguente link
Updated Crossfire Profiles available for
- The Park
Performance and Quality improvements for
- Rise of the Tomb Raider™(2)
- Up to 16% on AMD Radeon™ R9 Fury X Series vs AMD Radeon™ Software Crimson Edition 16.2.
- Gears of War Ultimate Edition(3)
- Up to 60% on AMD Radeon™ R9 Fury X series vs AMD Radeon™ Software Crimson Edition 16.2.1
- Up to 44% on AMD Radeon™ R9 380 series vs AMD Radeon™ Software Crimson Edition 16.2.1
Vulkan™ Support(1): Vulkan™ is the successor to OpenGL and a descendant of AMD’s Mantle. Vulkan™ is a powerful “low-overhead” graphics API that gives software developers deep control over the performance, efficiency, and capabilities of Radeon™ GPUs and multi-core CPUs. More information on Vulkan™ can be found at https://www.khronos.org/vulkan/.
Per-Game Display Scaling: A new feature introduced in Radeon™ Settings that allows per game Display Scaling to be set within the Radeon™ Settings Gaming tab under “Profile Options”.
Language Menu: A new feature introduced in Radeon™ Settings that allows the end user to select their preferred language from a drop down menu under the “Preferences -> Language” tab.
Two Display Eyefinity: Two Display Eyefinity is now an available option under the Eyefinity tab in Radeon™ Settings.
AMD Crossfire™ Status Indicator: A new feature in Radeon™ Settings that allows users to toggle an AMD Crossfire™ status indicator on their screen when running in AMD Crossfire™ mode.
Updated Social Links: New Social links are now available for Radeon™ Settings home page and have also updated based on geographical region.
Power Efficiency Toggle: A new feature introduced in the Radeon™ Settings Gaming tab for select AMD Radeon™ 300 series and AMD Radeon™ Fury X available under “Global Options”. This allows the user to disable some power efficiency optimizations.
AMD XConnect™ technology: This driver provides initial support for external GPU enclosures configured with Radeon™ R9 300 Series GPUs are now supported over Thunderbolt™ 3 (USB-C) connections. AMD XConnect™ technology additionally provides plug’n’play support and an integrated management interface. Base system must have BIOS support for external GPUs (e.g. Razer Blade Stealth).
- Core clocks may not maintain sustained clock speeds resulting in choppy performance and or screen corruption (Fixed with new Power Efficiency feature toggled to off)
- Gears of War Ultimate Edition – Random freezes may be experienced during gameplay
- Ashes of the Singularity 2.0 Benchmark now supports DirectFlip
- XCOM 2 flickering textures may be experienced at various game locations
- Rise of the Tomb Raider™ – The game may randomly crash on launch if Tessellation is enabled
- A few game titles may fail to launch or crash if the Gaming Evolved overlay is enabled. A temporary workaround is to disable the AMD Gaming Evolved “In Game Overlay”
- Installing via command line may not work for some users. As a workaround please use the default GUI installer
- League of Legends may experience some graphical corruption on characters death animation in AMD Crossfire™ mode
- Rift may experience a hang when playing with FRTC and V-Sync enabled. As a work around users are suggested to disable V-Sync
- Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 may experience some flickering in AMD Crossfire™ mode
- Rise of the Tomb Raider may experience graphical corruption in some cinematics
- The Division may experience flickering in AMD Crossfire™ mode